This course enables students to understand the way Elements is structured. It also explores the AWS platform and how we use it, the advantages and limitations along with the different instances of Elements.
The student will gain an understanding of the different components that make up the Elements platform, how to install and debug issues with the components.
The Salesforce sync process is a key component of the product and is a complex process that runs in a number of different phases. Students will understand the structure of the sync, the security models and the reason why the sync might fail along with how to fix them.
Finally, the course will provide an overview of how Elements is built and how new features are introduced into the product.
Time to complete
The estimated time to complete this course is: 11 hours 30 minutes
These are the learning objectives for this course:
- LO5-1: To understand the core AWS concepts of regions, availability zones, EC2 servers and other concepts
- LO5-2: To understand what technologies the product is built on
- LO5-3: To be aware of the resilience and backup approach for the Elements product
- LO5-4: To understand the information security requirements for running Elements
- LO5-5: To be aware of the different public instances, our private cloud offering and the implications of supporting multiple instances
- LO5-6: Understand how users are managed, provisioned and authenticated and how SAML and SCIM work
- LO5-7: How to use SysAdmin to access information about spaces and users.
- LO5-8: How to set up Corporate management for a client and policies that can be applied
- LO5-9: To understand how the licenses control access within Elements
- LO5-10: To understand the capabilities provided by the Elements Managed Package.
- LO5-11: How to install the package and manage upgrades
- LO5-12: How to connect users and understand the capabilities that require users to be connected
- LO5-13: Understand what the capabilities that the extension provides
- LO5-14: How to install manually the extension and how it can be automatically deployed from Google GSuite or Active Directory
- LO5-15: How to set up the Login Flow to automatically authenticate and understand how multiple instances are managed.
- LO5-16: Understand how to troubleshoot extension issues.
- LO5-17: Understand the sync architecture
- LO5-18: Understand the Salesforce profile and permissions required to sync and the two different sync modes
- LO5-19: Understand the role of the package in the sync
- LO5-20: Understand how the sync can fail and how the logs are used to find the issues
- LO5-21: How to set up and configure a sync in the different modes
- LO5-22: Understand the basics of how Elements is built including the way Elements is used with Jira
- LO5-23: Understand how Feature Requests are raised and managed.
The courses made up of 6 modules
- The physical environment
- The Elements application structure
- The Salesforce package
- The Elements extension
- The Salesforce sync process
- Elements development approach