Org health and impact analysis
You would not start randomly tearing down walls in your house to make more room without first understanding its structure and which walls are load-bearing. You would not buy new furniture for a house you never seen before without first measuring the dimensions of the rooms. Changing your Salesforce Org without a deep understanding of what is in it is likely to do more damage than good.
Elements allows you to understand the usage, structure, size, inter-dependencies and architecture of the Org. It’s like an automated blueprint for the Org.
By the end of this course, you will be able to:
- Understand how the organization drives changes in their Salesforce Org and what changes are planned
- Assess usage of managed packages
- Document integrations between Salesforce and other systems
- Scope the size and make-up of the Org
- Understand what is and isn’t being used in the Org
- Review the level of documentation of the Org
You should complete the following activities before you dive in:
- Connect and sync your Salesforce Org ideally with a Production or a full Sandbox so you can understand the usage of records and fields.
Understand how Org is managed
Understand how the Org is built
Understand how the Org is run
Understand how the Org is used