Org health and impact analysis
You would not start randomly tearing down walls in your house to make more room without first understanding its structure and which walls are load-bearing. You would not buy new furniture for a house you never seen before without first measuring the dimensions of the rooms. Changing your Salesforce Org without a deep understanding of what is in it is likely to do more damage than good.
Elements allows you to understand the usage, structure, size, inter-dependencies and architecture of the Org. It’s like an automated blueprint for the Org.
By the end of this course, you will be able to:
- Understand how the organization drives changes in their Salesforce Org and what changes are planned
- Assess usage of managed packages
- Document integrations between Salesforce and other systems
- Scope the size and make-up of the Org
- Understand what is and isn’t being used in the Org
- Review the level of documentation of the Org
You should complete the following activities before you dive in:
- Connect and sync your Salesforce Org ideally with a Production or a full Sandbox so you can understand the usage of records and fields.