In this course you will learn how to use Elements to build documentation sets that add Salesforce metadata documentation, process steps and in-app help.
Documentation packaging allows the documentation on Salesforce metadata to be packaged from one Org and then applied to another Org with version control and release management. This could be used by an ISV to provide technical, support and help documentation for their managed packages, by SIs to package up their IP, or for customers to copy documentation between multiple Orgs.
By the end of this course, you will be able to:
- Understand versioning logic associated with documentation packages
- Create documentation packages
- Install documentation packages in Orgs
This course relies on you understanding how to document Salesforce Org metadata using Elements. We recommend that you first complete the course below before you continue.
On top of that there are some technical requirements. You will need:
- Corporate management enabled for your organization with the packaging module (ask us to enable this for you)
- Corporate admin permission
- Space admin permission
- Synced Org Model
- Edit rights on the Org model